:: Re: [DNG] Let's Encrypt (was: snapd…
Author: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Let's Encrypt (was: snapd in Devuan? Dependency on systemd...)
On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 04:05:27PM +0200, Dimitris via Dng wrote:
> On 12/4/20 3:56 PM, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > "1989tiananmen".
>
> > a different password worked.
>
> maybe it's too common? did you try adding special/more characters?

I don't normally use such weak passwords. The whole exercise was triggered
by special characters I tried being disallowed.

Also, all such disallowed passwords result in an error message, rather than
the UI hanging (it apparently can't handle network issues gracefully).

> > So, hmm, how come a https connection gets intercepted by the Great Firewall?
> > No hacking by the govt is involved here...
>
> if it doesn't get intercepted by some sort of sslstrip, maybe huawei end is
> to blame.. (could also be weak huawei encryption...).

You don't need to hack encryption if one of the ends cooperates.

> nsa has tapped into fb,google,m$,ibm,amazon,others?, so maybe chinese govt
> has done the same ...

NSA keeps lying they don't do so, and tries to hide their actions. (But see
Lavabit...)

> no "chinese snowden" out yet with proove.. :D

The Golden Shield not only doesn't try to hide, but keeps reminding their
citizens^Wsubjects that they indeed are tracked, watched, and censored.
No need for a Snowden.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀