:: Re: [DNG] no sound on the brasswell…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] no sound on the brasswell acer chromebook. not from headphone or speakers
On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 11:58:18 +0100, Didier wrote in message
<04cf4224-66d3-5660-4c11-7ef1572afe0f@???>:

> Le 30/11/2020 à 11:14, Steve Litt a écrit :
> > In my travels, I've found Pulseaudio to be the land of a thousand
> > mutes, most of them very hard to find even with Pavucontrol. Also,
> > I've found Pulseaudio to be very stateful: Whether and how it works
> > depends on the sequence of programs you've run. I'm still existing
> > without it.
>
>     I couldn't describe better what the whole of my experience with
> Pulseaudio has been. I also have existed without it for many years,
> and I intend to continue (~:
>
>     AFAIK Pulseaudio was designed to solve the non-existing question
> of managing sound between hosts across the network.

..how, by making it impossible? Who wouldn't wanna be able to set up
music to follow you smartly around your homes, if that's what you want?

> Reminds me the non-existing multiseat question.

..multiseating has its uses, e.g. gaming, politics, usenet etc and
banking should probably be done on separate user accounts, and it's
silly easy to set up a separate user for e.g. your banking needs.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: