:: Re: [DNG] Linux's sucky cut and pas…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Linux's sucky cut and paste: was: problematic mouse driver?
On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 08:58:58 +0100
Pontus Goffe via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> On 2020-11-18 08:23, dng@??? wrote:
> >
> > In my XFCE environment I use Ctrl+Ins to copy and Shift+Ins to paste
> > most of the time instead of Ctrl+C and Ctlr+V.
> >
> > Grtz
> >
> > Nick
> >
> I use that a lot too and I am on LXDE.
> Whats funny is that this is something I brought with me from really
> old Windows but I dont think it was invented there.
> It is the only sequence I know that work in most scenarios. Ctrl-C is
> not a great thing for copying in terminals.
> //PG

The ergonomics of this is awful, being a 2 hand command with both hands
leaving home position (or the mouse if you're using a mouse-favoring
application).

But...

This is the first decent tool I've found for copying *out* of Vim and
into anything else. Just copy in Vim as if you'll later paste in the
same file, but press Shift-Ins in the other application to paste it
into that other application. So thanks!

SteveT

Steve Litt
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive