:: Re: [DNG] Jessie to Ascii upgrade
Author: o1bigtenor
To: Patrick Bartek
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Jessie to Ascii upgrade
On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 9:20 PM Patrick Bartek <nemommxiv@???> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 20:13:15 -0600
> o1bigtenor via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 7:29 PM Gastón via Dng <dng@???>
> > wrote:

> > > Migrate from Debian Jessie to Beowulf guide:
> > > https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/src/branch/master/dev1fanboy/en/jessie-to-beowulf.md
> > >

> > Some question(s) on that.
> > It would seem that gnome is important to Beowulf - - -yes?
> > I have been running light weight desktops like LXMT (I think it was)
> > and now LXQT
> > after I found the KDE was just too weighty.
> > So I'll start with that one question - - - - does Beowulf mean that I
> > need to run Gnome?
>
> No. I'm running a custom installed Beowulf (started with a basic
> terminal system) with just a window manager (Openbox) and a single
> panel with menu (LXPanel). Works just fine. Lightweight, too.

Thanks to both you and Monsieur Gaston!

I can't remember when I gave up on KDE and I have never been able
to fit Gnome - - - - after I found LXDE - - - well I've used parts of likely
both KDE and Gnome but am uninterested in the whole enchilada -
- - - they're just tooooooooooo big. There were some hiccups
transitioning from LXDE to LXQT but that's where I've been for quite
some time.

Appreciate the assistance!

Regards