:: Re: [DNG] Jessie to Ascii upgrade
Author: Patrick Bartek
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Jessie to Ascii upgrade
On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 14:36:36 -0700
Fred <fred@???> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to upgrade from Debian Jessie to Devuan. Apparently all I
> need to do is change the sources list and do a dist-upgrade.
>

> Is this likely to go smoothly? If there are any problems I would
> probably not have Internet to ask for help.
>
> How does the upgrade get rid of systemd and everything associated
> with it? Or how does one do that?

First, before you do ANYTHING: download, read and study Devuan's
upgrade from Debian to Devuan instructions.

Personally, for safety, I'd do a dual boot: leave Jessie as is and do a
clean install of Ascii (or Beowulf). That way, if something goes wrong,
you still have a working system to fallback on.