:: Re: [DNG] Clarification please
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Clarification please
On Sat, 31 Oct 2020 13:18:56 +1100
wirelessduck--- via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> >> From what we discovered about unbound during one of the meetings,
> >> I clearly do not trust that technology.
> >
> > What meetings? Is it possible to divulge some more info WRT what
> > you discovered? I am curious.
>
> Could it be related to this?
>
> https://github.com/NLnetLabs/unbound/issues/303

If that's all it is, it applies only to sysvinit. One can install
runit, supervise runit as a case-by-case supervisor from sysvinit's
/etc/inittab, and start and stop unbound from runit. I was doing this
ten years ago with djbdns. There's no shame in having some of your
daemons started by sysvinit, and others started by daemontools,
daemontools-encore, runit, or s6.

SteveT

Steve Litt
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive