:: [DNG] Very strange file access prob…
Author: Stephane Ascoet
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Very strange file access problem
Hi, something strange and very annoying, to say the last, suddenly
happened to my Devuan Ascii at work several hours ago: some files
became inaccessible with X applications with my user. I can't find any
relevant clue in logs, so I just can stick to what I'm facing too:

-I can open a X session with root user
-I can't open a X session with any other user, even one I just created
for testing. I tried to move its home to another volume to see if it
was a lock on /home: no change.
-In the X session under root, I can do a "xhost+ ; su myuser" and:
- launch applications from there. But the same files remains
inaccessible, and I don't know why and why theses ones and no others.
- And theses files can be read from console whith "myuser"!!!
- Another example: I can read mails in Thundebird, edit rules, have
mails sorted in folders but can't write any mail because of an "access
denied on a file"
-In the X session under root, these files can be read with X
applications launched while staying root.

Do someone have any clue?

--
Sincerely, Stephane Ascoet