:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2020-10-…
Author: Mason Loring Bliss
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2020-10-15
# Devuan meet 2020-10-15 @20:30 UTC

Present: mason, golinux, adam, jaromil, rrq, fsmithred, plasma41,
rickmoen, Beer

## Old Business

### bgstack15
* I will be absent for this meeting. I have no news to report. I
[emailed](https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20201009.024737.de1f1d5a.en.html)
devuan-dev the only interesting observations about Lumina.

### mason
* Wiki is moving along, but I don't have it where I want to put it up on
  the public site as yet. Might have it in shape for a limited public
  test by meeting time, but we'll see how far I get after a sleep cycle.
  * I'd like to stick to the idea of having options to try out. Widening
    out to looking at free software options generally, things catching
    my eye, in addition to the PMWiki I'm setting up now:
    * https://trac.edgewall.org/
      * packaged by Debian
      * need to see how feasible it is to just use the wiki component
      * Python 2 like MoinMoin
    * https://info.tiki.org/
      * PHP, like PMWiki
    * https://moinmo.in/
      * packages by Debian
      * I need to research their vulnerability plan given Python 2
    * DokuWiki (already in use at Friends of Devuan) (jaromil) thumbs
      down, try dokuwiki (packaged by Debian) (rrq) DokuWiki painful to
      brand, unmaintained, but markdown/language not bad
    * MediaWiki
      * downside: database-backed
      * (plasma41) https://xkcd.com/927/ :-P
      * (adam) what flavour of hell floats your boat? there's
        https://wiki.js.org/
      * (mason) I saw that. I... did. See it, I mean. Yes.
* Unbound thinking about a CVE now, but otherwise nothing new. We
  probably still need to fork the Debian package.

### LeePen
* Sorry, not able to make the meet this week as hardware is away being
repaired.

### Adam
* Nothing much to report this week.

## Old Actions

## New Business

### golinux
* devuan.net finally looks to be available. Can someone please snag it?
  I don't want to own another domain. Name: DEVUAN.NET Registry Domain
  ID: 2294291512_DOMAIN_NET-VRSN Domain Status: pendingDelete
  Nameservers: PLEASE-RENEW-YOUR-DOMAIN-IN-WWW.22.CN Dates Registry
  Expiration: 2020-08-06 04:03:54 UTC Created: 2018-08-06 04:03:54 UTC
  * (adam): are you sure this is available? hetzner at least is
    reporting it is not.
  * (mason) $ whois -h whois.22.cn devuan.net\nThe queried object does
    not exist:devuan.net
* chimaera desktop - Not going to happen unless I get some help.

## New Actions
* New eudev should be in unstable and then beowulf-proposed-updates in
next few days.

--
Mason Loring Bliss             mason@???            Ewige Blumenkraft!
(if awake 'sleep (aref #(sleep dream) (random 2))) -- Hamlet, Act III, Scene I