:: Re: [devuan-dev] Lumina desktop in …
Author: golinux
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Lumina desktop in a dpkg
On 2020-10-08 21:47, B Stack wrote:
> In the Devuan meet today, the Lumina desktop environment [1] came up. I
> was
> starting to investigate if Lumina is packaged up in Debian like the
> Lumina
> site suggests. Unfortunately, I could not find any results [2]. But,
> after
> checking repology, I discovered that of course, that brilliant fellow
> from
> MX Linux has beat us to the punch [3] for dpkg packaging efforts.
>
> I will play around with that if I get the time. I spoke in error in the
> meeting; I had seen Lumina before, once, when I tried it on FreeBSD
> 11.1 or
> so. I didn't really care for it then, but that could have been a
> BSD-ism.
> I'd try it again on Devuan!
>
> [1] https://lumina-desktop.org/
> [2]
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=lumina&searchon=names&suite=stable&section=all
> [3] http://mxrepo.com/mx/testrepo/pool/test/l/lumina/
>
> B. Stack

Thanks for the additional info. I actually went to the lumina site
after the meet. The desktop screenshots had nice backgrounds but were
visually unimpressive otherwise. Also found a old video from a Linux
conf but the quality was so poor you couldn't really see much. Yeah,
Steve Pusser is amaaaazing! He has a repo at opensuse announced here a
few years ago: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=127574

golinux