:: Re: [DNG] Complete system HDD encry…
Author: fsmithred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Complete system HDD encryption w/o LLVM.
On 9/29/20 9:58 AM, Андрей via Dng wrote:
> Question is, Is it possible to to achieve same goal without LLVM --
> i.e. to partition system HDD with fdisk, and then still have full
> encryption?

Another way to do it is with the live-isos (using refractainstaller).
Select encryption for the root partition and do not select a separate
partition for /boot.

You can also select a separate partition for /home, and if you encrypt
that, you will have to enter the passphrase to unlock each partition. You
can change that to a keyfile after the install.

The default for the live installer is to use a swap file on the root
partition, so that will be part of the encrypted filesystem.

One thing I find annoying with having /boot encrypted is that grub is very
slow to respond to the passphrase. And then you have to enter it again for
the root partition.

fsmithred