:: Re: [DNG] RFC: wiki software
Author: tom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] RFC: wiki software
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 20:29:24 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Sep 2020 23:42:39 -0400
> Mason Loring Bliss <mason@???> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Sep 04, 2020 at 07:53:54PM -0700, tom wrote:
> >
> > > How many Gemini and Kristall (or any other Gemini client of your
> > > choosing) https://gemini.circumlunar.space/

> > As it turns out, we were talking about that at the last meeting, and
> > there's probably interest in it.
>
> I'm interested. However, I sure wish they'd allow inline images.
> That's a must for any kind of informative documentation.
>
> SteveT

I've thought about that too, but I'm not quite sure that fits with
Gemini's mission or not to be part of the protocol. I don't see why a
client can't implement that themselves though. Gemini does support
MIME. In XMPP we already have clients that interpret links to content
like images, video, and audio and display inline players/viewers for
them.

That could either mean auto-dling linked images or loading on click.

/ "We can't schedule an orgy, it might be \
\ construed as fighting" --Stanley Sutton /
\
 \
   /\   /\