:: Re: [DNG] Can this drive be saved?
Author: golinux
To: Bruce Perens
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Can this drive be saved?
I was wondering if a reformat might be possible but if it requires the
nuclear option so be it. LOL! I've only had to dd a handful of times so
searched and found this command to zero a drive. Will that get the job
done? Any idea how long that might take on a 1 TB drive? There is
cost|benefit|aggravation to consider . . .

dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M of=/dev/sda

In any case, I'll wait till the dock arrives for further testing to make
that decision.

Thanks again. Nice to see that you're still hanging around the campfire
. . . :)