:: Re: [DNG] latest wireshark-common/c…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: Dimitris
CC: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] latest wireshark-common/ceres depends on libsystemd0
On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 12:42:33AM +0300, Dimitris via Dng wrote:
> was -rarely- using wifite, that depends on tshark+wireshark-common, but
> can live without it..
>
> but was wondering..,
> should i file a bug report in debian or a new RFP in devuan?
>
> debian seems to ignore/discard any non-systemd reports lately, so it
> would probably stay in wishlist for ever there, eg. #964139.

Dimitris,

The wireshark-common libsystemd0 dependency is not new AFAIK. What has changed
is that systemd in Debian sid is now version 246 whilst elogind is only 243.7
(the latest version available). This means that the libsystmd0/libelogind0
binary ABI compatibility can be broken. See Debian #968379 and #968484.

I am in touch with elogind upstream and version 246 is in preparation which
should resolve this issue.

Removing the libsystemd0 dependency completely is a separate issue. I doubt
Debian would do that. It is only likely to happen in Devuan is somebody offers
to maintain the fork.

Hope that helps.

Mark