:: [DNG] unable to log in after routin…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] can use machine, but lightdm may be broken after upgrade.
Subject: [DNG] unable to log in after routine upgrade in beowulf
I just did a routine upgrade of my beowulf system and afterward am unable to log in.
With control-alt-f7 I get the usual invitation, but on entering my user name and password
I'm just told it's wrong.

That's using my display manager with contro-alt-F7.

No trouble at all with the text console under control-alt-f2.

Has something serious changed just now?
Will everything work if I reboot? (currently chary of rebooting; fortunately I
still had the root login under control-alt-F1 because I hadn't logged out after the upgrade.

-- hendrik