:: Re: [DNG] How to mount NTFS
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] How to mount NTFS
Quoting Simon Hobson (linux@???):

> I have a suggestion ...
> Create a small partition in NTFS or Fat, and put some files on there
> saying what else is on the drive - and some hints on how to access it.

Well, and (assuming this drive is in an external case) attach ruggedly
to the case a prominent note explaining what the drive contains and
what file within, in which one can find further details.

I've gone through variants of this problem, and you as a planner need to
ensure that anyone casually looking at the object can grasp the essence
of the problem within a few seconds of glancing, and motivate him/her to
get the object to an appropriate person.

Usually prominent in such plans is a sealed envelope, entrusted to
someone believed reliable, that says 'Open in the event of $PERSON'S
death or incapacitation.'

On reflection, maybe further measures are in order, like two or three
other people having similar sealed envelopes that, when open, reveal
only a note in red lettering saying 'Tell $BELIEVED_RELIABLE_PERSON to
open his damned envelope already.'

--
Cheers,                 "My hot flight attendant asked how I like my coffee.
Rick Moen               And that's when she told me:  'That's cute, honey, but