:: [devuan-dev] bug#503: bug#503: Let…
Author: Bardot Jérôme
To: jobbautista9
CC: 503, mark
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#503: bug#503: Let's fork iwd for Devuan
I just check in testing debian and

#apt show iwd

Package: iwd
Version: 1.8-1
Minimalistic wireless daemon that uses modern Linux interfaces like
cfg80211 and nl80211 (netlink). The daemon provides a D-Bus API.
.
The daemon can be controlled from the command line with the included
iwctl client utility.
.
The included iwmon utility can be used to monitor the 802.11 subsystem
generic netlink commands and events. It uses the nlmon kernel driver
from Linux 3.10 and later.

If it s the right package it’s look like their is no dependencies to
systemd.

On 06/08/2020 06:54, Job Bautista wrote:
> Hi Jérôme, that looks like a good alternative indeed. It should be packaged by
> Debian though, not Devuan. However, I don't think I can maintain more than two
> packages. I already have a a sponsorship request pending on
> mentors.debian.net for the xfce4-alsa-plugin package.[1] And now I'm going to
> maintain a fork of iwd. So you will have to ask someone else to package eiwd.
>
> I will ask the eiwd dev to consider adding support for sysvinit though. They
> might be more open to supporting multiple inits than their upstream iwd. Or
> they might just reject it because they want to modify as little as possible
> from upstream. Who knows...
>
> Job Bautista
>
> [1]: https://mentors.debian.net/package/xfce4-alsa-plugin/

>>> Thanks