:: [devuan-dev] bug#498: libc6: Permis…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: Alessandro Vesely, 498
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#498: libc6: Permission denied, intermittent in execve
Control: forcemerge 498 497
Control: tags -1 debian
Control: forwarded -1 https://bugs.debian.org/966343

Alessandro

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 10:32:15AM +0200, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
> Package: libc6
> Version: GNU C Library (Debian GLIBC 2.28-10) stable release version 2.28.
> Severity: normal

Thanks for this. As you have realised, libc6 is a Debian package that Devuan
uses directly without recompilation so this issue is correctly dealt with in
Debian's BTS.

However, one thought that occurs to me is whether apparmor is causing this? Does
disabling it[1] restore predictable behaviour?

Thanks.

Mark

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/AppArmor/HowToUse#Diagnose_if_a_bug_might_have_been_caused_by_AppArmor