:: Re: [DNG] [OT] Signature filtering …
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] [OT] Signature filtering (was: Devuan 3.0 Orca Problem)
On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 02:57:11 -0700
Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> It does -- _but_ by their nature, .signature blocks ought not to be
> quoted in discussion normally: Being personal-expression space, they
> are classified as not part of the conversation.

I object to this "sig not part of the conversation, personal space"
attitude. In 1999 I had a 3 day flame war with this dwooze who insisted
on ending every one of his Everyone's Linux User Group posts with an
anti-Linux sig. On Debian-Users I saw a guy use a downright racist sig.

Many people say anything goes in your sig, but I disagree. Nobody gets
a free pass for inappropriate or even controversial material
just because it's in his/her sig.

For procedural reasons I haven't been using the double-dash, but I'm
going to start trying to use it again.

SteveT
--
Steve Litt
May 2020 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques