:: Re: [DNG] OT: mpv drops GNOME suppo…
Author: Simon Walter
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] OT: mpv drops GNOME support
On 2020-07-09 03:57, Jim Jackson wrote:

> https://linuxreviews.org/Mpv_drops_GNOME_support

I love the poetry a commenter left. He knows how I feel.

"Fuck GNOME devs coming straight from tha underground
A young hacker got it bad cos he's out
of other FOSS choices so devs think
They have the authority to break their reverse dependencies
Fuck that shit, cause I ain't the one
For a brainwashed developer to be lecturing on
"If you don't like it, just don't upgrade"
what and use unsupported software with no security updates?
Fucking with me cos I'm not an average user
So I gotta put up with the preferences of pretentious designers
Rearranging my workflow, oversimplifying their product
Thinking every user is a fucking dumb idiot
You'd rather see, me wasting time
Than take responsibility for your poisonous party line.
Pwn a GNOME dev with an 0-day
and when I'm finished, fuck with GTK
to pad a hundred pixels inside every border
yeah enjoy your own fucking bread and water!
I don't know if they NSA
Slowing hackers down, and wasting screen space
And on the other hand, without FOSS they can't get jobs
Cause they just failed at trying to be Steve Jobs.
Dumbing down the ecosystem, training user ignorance,
Spitting on those who built our community in the first place!
Anonymous will rewrite
Every application with a GNOME design
Just cause I think more mathematically
Punk designers are afraid of me!
HUH, a young hacker on the warpath
And when I'm finished, they'll wish they'd merged my patch
when they had a chance, but now it's too late
Yo J, GNOME's been replaced.

Example of scene one

[GNOME Dev] Pull up your goddamn debugger right now!
[Hacker] Aww shit, now what the fuck they changing their API for?
[GNOME Dev] Cause I feel like it! Now sit the fuck down for 16 hours and
patch yo fucking software
[Hacker] Man, fuck this shit
[GNOME Dev] Aight smartass, I'm breaking yo entire desktop!"