:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2020-07-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2020-07-16
# Devuan meet 2020-07-16 @20:30 UTC

Present: LeePen, rrq, golinux, onefang, plasma41, fsmithred, jaromil

## Old Business

### plasma41
* TIL that the 32bit Devuan ASCII 2.1 DVD ISO is too big by 6029312
bytes to fit on an actual DVD.

## Old Actions

### onefang
* Life has kept me busy, I've not gotten much done with the testing side
  of DNS-RR automation.
* https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/mirror_list.txt
  * Now includes the name of the country spelled out, the country code,
    and if the mirror should be in the DNS-RR.
  * I have set the new DNSRR field to 'yes' for mirrors that used to be
    in the DNS-RR, but where removed due to failing my tests and
    Evilhams tests.  If they come good, this new system will
    automatically re-include them in the DNS-RR.  One of those mirrors
    has in fact come good, I've not manually verified it yet.
* apt-panopticon
  * Now using the new DNSRR field to know which mirrors to test that
    should be in the DNS-RR.
  * If the testing host doesn't have IPv6 (just my desktop now) then it
    wont include any IPv6 IP addresses in the good or bad DNS-RR list.
  * More testing needed. NOTE: I wasn't actually present.  I turned up
    for the first few minutes, but all incoming audio and video stopped
    for me, so I left again.

## New Business

### LeePen
* gpsd has lost its initscript. (See
[#490](https://bugs.devuan.org/490])).
[bbonev](https://git.devuan.org/bbonev/) has started a
[fork](https://git.devuan.org/bbonev/gpsd). Still WIP.
* built Debian's buster update of dbus for beowulf-proposed-updates
(1.12.20-0+deb10u1+devuan1).
* updated reportbug in ceres (7.7.0+devuan1)

### golinux
* Need search and replace of this link in the footer on every page of
website: https://git.devuan.org/devuan-editors/devuan-www to
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/www.devuan.org Might want to check if
there are any other git.devuan.org URLs on the site that haven't been
updated
* (plasma41) I'll fix this and submit a merge request.

### jaromil LXC-templates : an italian contributor has merged a patch
with support for Devuan

https://github.com/lxc/lxc-templates/commit/f841a6f7f123fe054f3b73d95c9b6e85b26a3ede
I'm in touch but need help to understand what is the discussion on the
mailinglist about and how to connect efforts... BTW this is
interesting https://bugs.debian.org/898446 userspace access to
namespace/cgroups is not enabled by default in Debian (IMHO good
thing)

## New Actions
* Upgrade files.devuan.org from ASCII to Beowulf
* Expose /usr/share/keyrings/devuan-archive-keyring.gpg on
files.devuan.org
* Replace links to old git references on www