:: Re: [maemo-leste] It's Me! Mario! (…
Author: clort
To: maemo-leste@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] It's Me! Mario! (N64 Mario port w/Opengl-ES)
Yes, https://github.com/sm64pc/sm64ex

Avoiding gl4es was the fun part.

With patched sdl and fullscreen we avoid an extra copy from the compositor also, so play is smooth.

Only stuttering comes when a transparent text window appears. This could possibly be fixed by hacking those textwindow textures to be non-transparent.

Maybe someone with a good camera could showcase mario64 for youtube? People like to see shiny stuff render fast.

Currently fighting with a PPSSPP build which could run playably on Omap4, but it insists on using libGL.so / gl4es? Maybe sdl2 does. I'm trying various things.

14:10:991 UI/NativeApp.cpp:402 E[LOADER]: Failed graphics backends: OPENGL
14:10:992 Core/Config.cpp:609 E[LOADER]: Graphics backend failed for 0, trying another
14:10:992 Core/Config.cpp:634 E[LOADER]: All graphics backends failed

Cheers!