:: Re: [DNG] Problem with DHCP during …
Author: Simon Hobson
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Problem with DHCP during boot
aitor_czr <aitor_czr@???> wrote:

> Florian Zieboll wrote:
>>>

>> Although I am not doing IPv6 networking myself, I suppose searching the DNG list's archive for the ifup boot delay issue might bring up relevant information.

> Further discussion here:
>
> https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/search/20380101.000000.00000000@ifupdown.es.html

Thanks.

Ah, I should have said this is IPv4 only, this looks like a change in the ISC client to now send a Client-ID in the form of a DUID (DUID-LLT by default).

The above references seem to be issues with when/whether interfaces are brought up when something is unplugged. In this case, it's clear that the DHCP client is being run by "something" prior to bringing up networking - so when the "real" networking is invoked, eth0 is already up using the wrong config. I just can't see where that's happening.

I think I'll ask the same question over at the ISC DHCP list, we're a friendly bunch over there, but it's more an OS question than a DHCP one. Still, there's a range of experience, so someone else might have hit this and know the answer.

Simon

As an aside, I also found out that MongoDB no longer ships with a sysV init script in it's deb files.