:: Re: [DNG] net-install troubles
Author: Gregory Nowak
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] net-install troubles
On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 06:20:19PM +0000, Curtis Maurand via Dng wrote:
> I've been trying to use the net-install from a USB stick on a system that does not have a CD-ROM attacted. It has been a failure.

I assume that by net-install, you mean an amd64 netinst of beowulf, right?
If not, then please clarify which netinst.

> When partitioning the disk, It sees the exisiting partitions and filesystems that are there (Ext4, BTRFS and SWAP). When I go to set the mount point and whether to use the partition I get the choice of "Do not use," Ext2, Fat16, and Fat32. No Ext4 or BTRFS which are the two that i need.

The amd64 netinst of beowulf does indeed have ext4 support. As far as
I know, before you can select how to use a partition, you need to
select the mount point. Have you done that first? Did you verify the
netinst image you downloaded isn't corrupted? Have you made sure the
USB stick was written correctly? One of the options the installer has
is to verify the checksums of the packages contained in the disk
image.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net