:: Re: [DNG] Boot hangs with usb disk …
Author: J. Fahrner
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Boot hangs with usb disk active in fstab
Am 2020-06-14 21:25, schrieb richard lucassen via Dng:
> Ok, I missed that, sorry. Maybe 5 is too low, try 10 or 15 I'd say.

I don't see why this parameter is so important. When I read the
description, this is the delay for scanning usb devices after power up.
But as you can see in the logs, the device is responding and telling its
characteristics. Only mounting the filesystem fails.

> And an earlier suggestion to copy important things to a smaller disk
> and use that disk, does that probably solve the issue?

A smaller disk is no option, since this is my media server at home. It
is filled with 66%.

My mount scripts seem to work around this problem, so I give up in
further investigating what is happening.