:: Re: [maemo-leste] qmi+motmdm ofono …
Author: Pavel Machek
To: Tony Lindgren
CC: Merlijn Wajer, maemo-leste, mpartap, sre, martin_rysavy, nekit1000
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] qmi+motmdm ofono version was Re: alsactl trouble was Re: Grand plan to get make phones... phone (for Motorola Droid 4)
Hi!

> > Pending proper fix.
>
> OK.
>
> BTW, it seems that when we kick the qmimodem from motorolamodem to have
> qmimodem see the status updates for few seconds, we currently have no way
> to select what notifications the qmimodem will see. If we want to have
> something handled only by motorolamodem, we need to add some qmimodem
> calls to disable some of it's notification registration code. Not sure
> if this will be an issue though, just FYI some something to consider
> to avoid duplicate events.
>
> So far it seems we want to use motorolamodem only for voice calls.
> signal strength, and acking the notifications.
>
> The qmimodem voice calls are at least not currently usable with ofono
> even with the pending voice call patches.
>
> The signal strength seems to be already a ready to use percentage
> coming from the uart.
>
> And the notifications it seems we can only ack over the uart.

You mean SMSes here?

> Pavel, do you have other items in mind that should be handled over
> the uart?

From my point of view, sms in/out, voice call in/out and signal
strength/LAC/CID is reasonably doable over motmdm. I don't know what
works over qmi and what does not...

So no, I probably don't have anything else.

But ... I'm just guessing. I am not the one who misdesigned that that
particular modem.

Best regards,
                                    Pavel