:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan meeting, 20…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan meeting, 2020-05-20 20:30 UTC
# Devuan meet 2020-05-21 20:30 UTC

Present: LeePen, rrq, plasma41, golinux, fsmithred, bgstack15
Missing: mason (work overload today)

## Old Business

### rrq
* added a node and redistributed VMs
* started looking at IP failover. Individual failover IP available at a
tiny setup cost. Virtual cabling works but comes with tunneling
penalties.

### mason
* TWiki stalled. I'll have it for next meeting or I'll remove it from
the list. (Work, family, house tasks have left no time for next-tier
projects.)
* Might be useful having someone who wants to volunteer but is unsure
how do the meeting invites. Evidently I've been doing them later than
desired.
* Ben (bgstack15) will take over the task.

### fsmithred
* 5-second sleep in scripts/init-bottom/udev didn't change anything

## Old Actions

## New Business

### golinux
* Release Notes draft started: fsr please have a look
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/D+ChmluW+TT9QPdOVO9q0rpf/
* current torrent and magnet links needed for the release > rrq
* dev1galaxy registration questions need to be updated (probably not
posted here since the pad is somewhat public) > plasma and gl
* Web-friendly financial report needed > jaromil
* domain renewal next month
* release this weekend? Nope.

### LeePen
* Publish new maintainer's guide?

#### Ceres/Chimaera
* New fork of pdns-recursor
* New version of choose-init (0.3)

#### Beowulf Started adding packages to beowulf-proposed-updates for
first point release.
* lightdm, init-system-helpers done
* eudev expected from gnu_srs
* add new choose-init? Any others to consider? Please test.

## New Actions
* RC installer fails to install firmware again? no "magic touch"?
(LeePen) #462