:: Re: [maemo-leste] lockups with 5.7-…
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: Pavel Machek
CC: Tony Lindgren, maemo-leste, mpartap, sre, martin_rysavy, nekit1000
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] lockups with 5.7-rc4 (-devel kernel) Re: Grand plan to get make phones... phone (for Motorola Droid 4)
Hi,

On 23/05/2020 12:19, Pavel Machek wrote:

> I did... (And wifi is not too reliable for me).
>
> But it seems there's better candidate: when I use "wrong" cable for
> charging, green LED starts blinking very rapidly, and then system
> seems to be sad/broken.

I think this problem has been around for a bit longer. It seems to be a
poor interaction between ke-recv-extra (the daemon that acts on USB
plugs and loads usb gadgets) and the kernel cable detection.

In short, I am not sure if they are related. I've seen the devices
restart without being plugged into USB. I have a Droid 4 here directly
connected to the Lab PSU, and it never got plugged into USB for it's
uptime, and it still restarted yesterday night (unfortunately I was
working and couldn't debug).

While the restarts are annoying, I think I'd prefer to focus on some
other parts first before tackling this issue. Still restructuring some
parts of my house, but I should soon have the Droid 4 on permanent power
and serial monitoring, so that should make this a lot easier.

Btw - I guess there is no way to have the serial/system idle, but also
get kernel messages on serial now, on 5.7? We currently detach the
serial with 5.7.

Cheers,
Merlijn