:: Re: [maemo-leste] alsactl trouble w…
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: Pavel Machek
CC: maemo-leste, mpartap, sre, martin_rysavy, nekit1000, Tony Lindgren
New-Topics: [maemo-leste] qmi+motmdm ofono version was Re: alsactl trouble was Re: Grand plan to get make phones... phone (for Motorola Droid 4)
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] alsactl trouble was Re: Grand plan to get make phones... phone (for Motorola Droid 4)
Hi,

On 21/05/2020 23:16, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
>>> Thank you. I got the applets... With my ofono version, sim should be
>>> marked as present, but it is still shown as "not there" in the applet.
>>
>> Yeah, so I think I figured that out. The problem is that the current
>> dbus configuration doesn't allow the user "user" to talk with ofono. I
>> figured this out before, but clearly forgot to do anything about that
>> packaging wise.
>
> Aha, good. This bitten be before. Now the applet shows signal
> strength. Nice!

Great. Sorry about that.

> I noticed you updated ofono in the repository. What version is that
> now?

This one: https://github.com/maemo-leste/ofono-d4/tree/motmdm-serdev-ngsm
Or in particular, this one (w/ debian dir)
https://github.com/maemo-leste/ofono-d4/tree/maemo/beowulf-devel

I've been using Tony's simply because I had it built already and he's
also working on some things. Maybe we can try to get a 'merged' version
going sometime again. Let me know if you think we should package yours
instead. Or both, somehow. But ideally we do a few more development
cycles and settle on one ofono.

> I played with power consuption, and it seems than Leste is
> significantly better than I expected. Good! (And I also found out that
> ofone eats a lot of battery. Oh well)...

Yes. We're sorting out some issues now (Tony found a problem with uart1
not idling well with modem), but that should be fixed & built somewhere
today. Really, you should see 60-70mW with modem online, the screen
closed/locked (use the power button twice), and the service "ntp"
stopped. (/etc/init.d/ntp stop)

I've been using my Lab PSU to measure the power drawn by the Droid 4
without battery at 4.2V (from boot, opening the device once to stop ntp
and put it in lock mode):

https://wizzup.org/feedgnuplot2.png

And it idles quite well, even for 24+ hours it will look like this (this
is not 24hours, but shows a bit more idle state):

https://wizzup.org/feedgnuplot.png

> I'm having trouble with alsactl on Leste:
>
> user@devuan-droid4:/tmp$ sudo alsactl store Audio delme.foo
> ALSA lib conf.c:1887:(_snd_config_load_with_include)
> _toplevel_:160:10:Unexpected char
> user@devuan-droid4:/tmp$
> user@devuan-droid4:/my/unicsy_demo$ cat /proc/asound/cards
>  0 [Audio          ]: Droid_4_Audio - Droid 4 Audio
>                        Droid 4 Audio

No idea yet, but will take a look today. Definitely would explain why
the audio start is also never stored / loaded upon boot.

Regards,
Merlijn