:: Re: [DNG] f2fs and beowulf: install…
Author: Dr. Nikolaus Klepp
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] f2fs and beowulf: installation
Anno domini 2020 Tue, 19 May 21:56:16 +0100
ael scripsit:
> On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 10:35:22PM +0200, Antony Stone wrote:
> > On Tuesday 19 May 2020 at 22:30:50, ael wrote:
> >
> > > I am hoping to install beowulf onto a new laptop in a week or two.
> > > I use f2fs on several drives with good results, so I want to
> > > use it on the root partition. f2fs seems the obvious choice on ssd's.
> >
> > https://howtos.davidsebek.com/debian-f2fs.html may be what you need.

Has anybody done this successfully on beowulf? I tried today but the kernel crashed - last message was something about it not beeing able to mount the root filesystem. The kernel I used was from the "official" rpi repository, it has f2fs built in.

Nik