:: Re: [DNG] Devuan success report - O…
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan success report - Old Toshiba
On Monday 11 May 2020 at 00:31:30, Riccardo Mottola via Dng wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I want to cheer up and write thanks with a small success story of
> Devuan and comparison to Debian.

Nice :)

> I have an old Toshiba Satellite laptop, with a wonderful soft touch
> keyboard, PS/2 Port, Serial console... very readable screen (althoug
> 800x600!) which always had Debian which I kept upgrading and
> upgrading.

Just out of interest, which version of Debian did you get up to before writing
this?

I'm assuming that you're saying that things got noticeably worse when you
"upgraded" from Debian 7 Wheezy to Debian 8 Jessie (with the introduction of
systemd), but is that correct?

I'm intrigued as to how "like for like" a comparison we have here, between a
version of Debian and the essentially identical version of Devuan, minus of
course, systemd.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Users don't know what they want until they see what they get.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.