:: Re: [DNG] New Debian project leader
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] New Debian project leader
On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 13:43:45 +1000
wirelessduck--- via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Looks like debian has voted for their next project leader for the
> upcoming year.
>
> https://lwn.net/Articles/816158/
>
> https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Debian-New-DPL

I'm not impressed. His platform was entirely rah-rah Debian, Debian's
the best, we don't even have to worry what others think. He called for
unity, which in my mind is telling the remaining anti-systemd factions
to just shut up.

I'll say this though: Judging from his self-nomination [1], he's a
person who thinks, and I think an idealist who one day could be
persuaded to understand the value of the user controlling the computer
rather than the other way around, or at least not removing such
ability. He impresses me as a much more thoughtful human being than
Lennart Poettering or Paul Tagliamonte [2].

This is important and on-topic because a hostile Debian management
could build in enough booby traps to make Devuanization too difficult
for practicality.

[1]
https://lwn.net/ml/debian-vote/fbd58e7c-7898-1b67-2668-49c4370c54de@debian.org/

[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=727708
     (warning: Huge page, slow load)

SteveT

Steve Litt
March 2020 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb