:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Ap…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Plasma
Aan: devuan-dev
Onderwerp: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Apr. 23, 2020
And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev meet notes for
Thursday, April 23rd, 2020.

plasma41

# Devuan meet Apr. 23, 2020 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/LXEk7VP-mgwGIVYokLkWUcao/

Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the
     meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please
     pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: golinux, plasma41, LeePen, fsmithred, bgstack15, mason, rrq

## Old Business

- Discussion of mirror selection in installer.

## Old Actions

- (mason) TWiki still in progress. The config becomes less simple when
one wants to run several discrete instances in parallel. But, in
progress, and only suffering from a modicum of preperatory
rathole-dives.

## New Business
- (gl) Would like someone to take over posting the pad for each
  week's meet.
  - (mason) Sure, although pointers to setting up the new pad would
    be useful.
    - (gl) there is a template
    - (mason) I'll spin up accounts as needed (for cryptdrive) and ping
      you with any questions that arise

### plasma41
- The current draft of the release notes contains instructions for
  fixing bad default config settings for pulseaudio and lightdm.
  Would it not be better to just fork those two packages to have the
  correct default settings? If we can avoid having to  repeatedly tell
  people "go read the release notes" by changing a single line in
  a config file of each of the two packages, I think we should.
  - (gl) Are you willing to take that on and maintain the fork over
    future releases?
    - (plasma41) For a small change like this, it should be possible
      to set up some automated script that automatically applies
      the same patch to successive versions from Debian and pushes the
      result to ceres
    - (mason) Rather than forking packages, we could also offer packages
      that set up diverts and offer the corrected files laid atop the
      base package(s).
    - (leepen) Yes, I had wondered about that approach too.
    - (fsr) - first we should figure out why only some people need
      to edit that file. I haven't had to do it on any installs.
      Maybe it happens with upgrades or migrations. <-wrong. I found one
      - (mason) This approach might be correct for more than
        just PA - cryptdisks, for instance.

### LeePen
- Updated base-files/beowulf to remove ceres from /etc/devuan-version
- Built pcsc-lite anddnscrypt-proxy for ceres
- Updated choose-mirror to reinstate manual mirror choice option (expert
only)

## New Actions