:: Re: [DNG] Beowulf Beta is here!
Author: Alexis PM
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Beowulf Beta is here!
Hello

Forgive the brief text and the insufficient review of whether what I indicate has already been reported, but I have little time and wanted to indicate a few things just in case:

devuan_beowulf_3.0.0_beta_amd64_netinstall.iso doesn't work:
Initramfs unpacking failed: write error
touch: /var/run/brltty-Xorg: No such file or directory
touch: /var/run/brltty-Xorg: No such file or directory
touch: /var/run/brltty-Xorg: No such file or directory
touch: /var/run/brltty-Xorg: No such file or directory

devuan_beowulf_3.0.0_beta_i386_netinstall.iso works basically, but:
* the installer tasksel fails (I tried "printer server"), probably non-existent packages or dependency errors.
* "none" instead of selected hostname at shell prompt, but /etc/hostname is fine.
* libsystemd0 is installed. Note: it is a minimal installation (I didn't select anything in installation tasksel).
* No "beowulf-updates" in /etc/apt/sources.list but I choose it in the installation.
* "ceres" mention in /etc/devuan_version.
* Untranslated text into Spanish in some parts of the installer.

Best regards!
     En jueves, 19 de marzo de 2020 15:24:57 CET, Rainer Weikusat via Dng <dng@???> escribió:

golinux@??? writes:
> Dear dev1ers,
>
> The Devuan 3 Beowulf Beta release is now ready for review.

[...]

> In solidarity,
>
> The Devuan Devs

Great news. Thanks a lot.