:: Re: [DNG] HW: Which brand and model…
Author: Gabe Stanton
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] HW: Which brand and model of laptop have your successfully installed Devuan on?
I installed Devuan Ascii on a Lenovo W530 via the live desktop
installer. I upgraded to Beowulf Beta a few months ago.
The install and upgrade were a breeze.
In general things are good. The only issue since upgrading to Beowulf
is that if I run a cpu-heavy program for long periods of time, I get an
unresponsive system to the extent that I have to hard-reset my machine.
I've also installed and run Devuan Ascii on a Lenovo T520 for quite a
while with no real issues.
Installing from the desktop/live installer is quite easy. The netinst
image gives more options and says it is for more experienced users.