:: [DNG] Video modesetting issue under…
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Video modesetting issue under Boewulf.
Hi,

While trying to boot Boewulf I encountered two or three occasions of a
serious video modesetting malfunction the result of which is a
completely garbaged display. The display is completely unreadable,
although unreadable is not the appropriate term to use as there is
nothing that remotely resembles text. The problem is so severe it
persists until even when xdm loads. Please note, I cannot ascertain
readers xdm was actually loaded as I could read nothing and the
display remained the same kind of garbage displayed as soon as the
kernel took over from grub.

Rebooting resolved the issues in all three cases.

The GPU is the infamous:
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation
Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)

And the driver in use is:
video                  45056  1 i915

I am posting hoping this feedback is helpful for the betterment of Devuan.

Thanks.