:: Re: [DNG] Waterfox issues under Dev…
Author: tuxd3v
To: edbarx
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Waterfox issues under Devuan ASCII
Hello Edward,

> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask whether Devuan and Waterfox are still compatible.
> Updates of Waterfox are not working. I tried the classic version as
> the new one may have more issues.
>
> The 'old' version of waterfox I am using freezes the mouse pointer on startup.
>
> The error is the following:
>
> --------ERROR-------
> $ ./waterfox
> XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /home/edbarx/waterfox-classic/liblgpllibs.so:
> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27' not found
> (required by /home/edbarx/waterfox-classic/liblgpllibs.so)
> Couldn't load XPCOM.
> --------------------------

You need glibc 2.28, at least for the last version of Waterfox..

In beowulf:
"
 # apt-cache policy libc6
 libc6:
  Installed: 2.28-10
   Candidate: 2.28-10
   Version table:
  *** 2.28-10 500
         500 http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf/main arm64 Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
"
If you are in beowulf, then everything should work nicely :)

IF you are *NOT* in beowulf( ascii ):
    1. You can upgrade to Beowulf,
    2. The last resource would be to compile from Sources the glibc in ascii..

The unique critique, that I may find, for 'Waterfox',
Is that they don't have a i686 release :(

--
Best Regards,

tuxd3v <tuxd3v@???>