:: Re: [DNG] A way of holding telephon…
Author: tom
To: Dimitris via Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] A way of holding telephone-conferences with DEVUAN?
On Wed, 8 Apr 2020 11:34:19 +0300
Dimitris via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> On 4/7/20 5:17 PM, g4sra via Dng wrote:
> > OMG how can you agree with Dal and then go on to suggest the use of
> > something cloud based and written in Java ?
>
> jitsi can be installed anywhere. https://meet.jit.si is cloud based in
> europe dcs, run by jitsi devs, yes. but you don't have to use that,
> there are hundrends of other public jitsi meet instances (random
> list :
> https://fediverse.blog/~/DonsBlog/videochat-server?responding_to=745)
> and of course you can host your own.
>
> zoom is also cloud based proprietary thing, based in the us... so not
> a good thing having our calls stored in some nsa dc in gafamville,
> usa... also misleading ads, privacy concers, data sellout.. how's
> that any different than skype?
>
> random link :
> https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2020/04/security_and_pr_1.html

I think it's pretty horrible for Jitsi to flat out block every other
browser than Chrome or Firefox.

any time I go to a Jitsi server it just gives me a blank blue page
saying this:

It looks like your using a browser we don't support.
Please try again with the latest version of Chrome and Firefox

I have been through the browser wars of the 90s and I sure as hell am
not ready for browser war 2.0 Do we need to bring back the
anybrowser.org buttons?

/ This fortune soaks up 47 times its own \
\ weight in excess memory.               /
\
 \
   /\   /\