:: [devuan-dev] bug#383: [Devuan-bugs]…
Author: Arne Wichmann
To: 383
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#383: [Devuan-bugs] bug#383: eudev: Probably incorrect installation error about missing kernel sumbols.
Package: eudev
Version: 3.2.2-13
tags 383 -moreinfo
severity 383 normal

Hi!

For some reason this did not reach me. It did not even reach my spam box.

begin quotation from Svante Signell (in <5edf5705148141448f28aacd058f5e51579ec6af.camel@???>):
> Seems like you are hitting some problems not seen before.

> Can you please give us the following information:
>
>  - Which release do you use?
>    (from the package eudev-3.2.2-13 you seem to use ascii)

Primarily ascii.

> - Which kernels do you have installed?

And this is probably the reason why this has not been seen before - I
compile my own kernel (for educational reasons primarily) from the ceres
sources.

(515) aw@anhrefn $ cat /proc/version
Linux version 5.5.13 (aw@anhrefn) (gcc version 8.3.0 (Debian 8.3.0-6)) #2.0
SMP PREEMPT Tue Mar 31 12:20:33 CEST 2020

>  - You can easily check which kernel features you have by e.g.:
>    cat /boot/config-4.19.0-6-amd64 | grep CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER;

>  - alternately, and that is what the eudev.postinst script does:
>    cat /proc/kallsyms| grep "inotify_init" etc.

> Please check if the problems remains with eudev-3.2.9-4.

The upgrade went smoothly. I presume the problem is only of interest for
people using a new kernel on an ascii system. I downgrade to normal - feel
free to downgrade even more. ;)

cu

AW
--
[...] If you don't want to be restricted, don't agree to it. If you are
coerced, comply as much as you must to protect yourself, just don't support