:: Re: [DNG] Chromium on Beowulf
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: J. Fahrner
CC: Mark Hindley, Liste\, DNG
Subject: Re: [DNG] Chromium on Beowulf
Hi,

J. Fahrner via Dng writes:

> Am 2020-03-22 13:00, schrieb Mark Hindley:
>> chromium recommends chromium-sandbox. Do you have no-install-recommends
>> configured in apt?
>
> Yes, I don't install recommends. When chromium does not run without
> sandbox, then it should be a must, not a recommend.

I don't install recommends automatically but that doesn't keep me from
installing them manually ;-P

If you don't like that, chromium --no-sandbox should work as the warning
already told you.

I see that chromium-sandbox doesn't have a Depends: on chromium. That
may be more of an issue as that package is completely useless by itself,
AFAICS at least.

BTW, the details on making it a Recommends: are in

Hope this helps,