:: Re: [DNG] darkpurpy-grub theme on B…
Author: fsmithred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] darkpurpy-grub theme on Beowulf
On 3/22/20 1:30 PM, J. Fahrner via Dng wrote:
> Am 2020-03-22 18:16, schrieb golinux@???:
>> I'm feeling the darkpurpy love! :)
>
> You are right :-)
>
>> But if all else
>> fails you can just replace the cinnabar elements with darkpurpy in
>> /usr/share/desktop-base.  That's how I got cinnabar grub working on my
>> jessie.
>
> I tried to integrate darkpurpy-grub into update-alternatives but failed.
> In the end it was easiest for me to put the theme into /etc/default/grub

Exactly what did you copy into /etc/default/grub? I tried a couple things
and couldn't get it to work.

I did get it to work using update-alternatives. Maybe your way is easier
than this:

- Install clearlooks-phenix-darkpurpy-theme
- Make sure the following line is in /etc/default/grub

GRUB_THEME=/usr/share/desktop-base/grub-themes/desktop-grub-theme/theme.txt

Then run:
update-alternatives --install \
/usr/share/desktop-base/grub-themes/desktop-grub-theme desktop-grub-theme \
/usr/share/desktop-base/grub/themes/darkpurpy-grub 20

Generate a new boot menu:
update-grub

To change the slim theme:
update-alternatives --install \
/usr/share/slim/themes/desktop-slim-theme desktop-slim-theme \
/usr/share/slim/themes/devuan-curve-darkpurpy 20

To go back to cinnabar:
update-alternatives --config desktop-grub-theme
update-alternatives --config desktop-slim-theme

I didn't mess with the window theme or desktop background. Those are easy
to change in user settings.

fsmithred