:: Re: [DNG] xbattmon
Author: Riccardo Mottola
To: Steve Litt, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] xbattmon
Hi Steve,

Steve Litt wrote:

> A few weeks ago we discussed simple, works-on-all-wmde components like
> fbpanel. Another one that I like is xbattmon. It's a no-frills battery
> monitor that presents as a very thin horizontal "gauge" across the
> bottom of the screen, whether or not you have a panel. Colors and
> stripe width are configurable. I configured mine to be about 3 or 4
> pixels, be green when the computer is plugged into the wall. When not
> plugged in, it's blue on the left and red on the right: The
> intersection of the two is how much of the battery is used up.
>
> Unfortunately, I think my color scheme would fail for a color blind
> person, and xbattmon is one of those tiny programs configured by
> changing constants in the config.h file and recompiling, so it's
> certainly not for everybody. But I think golinux could make a nice set
> of defaults that would work for most people, and I could supply a
> document to download, change colors, and recompile.

May I also mention BatteryMonitor (batmon.app) from GNUstep? [*]

It is more oriented to GNUstep and windowmaker, because it uses the nice
App-Icon. So I don't think it blends well with certain WM's (like xfce,
for example)
However, it supports a wide range of kernels, operating systems,
batteries, power schemes...

Just because I am the author.

Riccardo

[*] http://gap.nongnu.org/batmon/index.html