:: Re: [DNG] why is polkit needed?
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] why is polkit needed?
Quoting tekHedd (tekhedd@???):

> Cool software doesn't really happen without the ability for apps to
> communicate and read/write the state of the system and communicate
> with other user level components.

If so, so what? This doesn't in any way suggest need for a new extra
system authentication layer. By default, all software running under the
user's EUID can intercommunicate as peers. So, given that, and taking
as true for the sake of discussion your assertion above, what would
polkit or a workalike add, given that apps can already do what you said
is desirable?

I don't know, man. Perhaps we're somehow failing to communicate, on
that point.