:: Re: [DNG] libnetaid-0.1
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] libnetaid-0.1
Hi again,

On 3/3/20 13:10, aitor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2/3/20 1:03, aitor wrote:
>>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> On 1/3/20 22:36, aitor wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> The shared library of simple-netaid is ready for use.
>>> Here you are the packages for devuan beowulf in amd64:
>>>
>>> http://gnuinos.org/libnetaid/
>>>
>>> Install all the packages and  write the following simple program:
>>>
>>> _______________________________
>>>
>>> #include <backend.h>
>>>
>>> int main (int argc, char **argv)
>>> {
>>>     print_active_wifis(argv[1]);
>>>     return 0;
>>> }
>>>
>>> _______________________________
>>>
>>> You can build it linking the shared library and the headers with the
>>> following flags:
>>>
>>> $ gcc main.c -o main -lnetaid
>>> -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/simple-netaid
>>>
>>> Maybe  first of all you will need to update the ld cache via:
>>>
>>> $ sudo ldconfig
>>>
>>> Now, if you run the binary:
>>>
>>> $ sudo ./main wlan0
>>>
>>> you will get all the available active wifis (replace wlan0 by your
>>> <wireless_device>.
>>>
>>> The above program is a very simple example, but shortly i will
>>> document the usage
>>> of this library and some functions like, for example:
>>>
>>> bool is_plugged(const char *device);
>>> void show_devices();
>>> void interface_up(const char *device);
>>> void interface_down(const char *device);
>>> void ifup(const char *device);
>>> void ifdown(const char *device);
>>> void print_active_wifis(const char *device);
>>> void wired_connection(const char *device);
>>> void wireless_connection(const char *device, const char *essid,
>>> const char *password);
>>> void show_network_connection();
>>> void disconnect(const char *device);
>>>
>>> etc...
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Aitor.
>>>
>> I fixed a bug related with the wireless_connection and uploaded the
>> new packages.
>>
>> You can test this function building the following code:

>> #include <backend.h>
>>
>> int main (int argc, char **argv)
>> {
>>     wireless_connection(argv[1], argv[2], argv[3]);
>>     return 0;
>> }

>> and running:
>>
>> $ sudo ./main wlan0 <essid> <password>
>>
>> It's working for me without failures.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Aitor.
>>
> I'm updating the packages. Some parts of the code need changes when
> upgrading from jessie to beowulf, mostly the code of iproute.
>
> http://gnuinos.org/libnetaid
>
> Build the folling example (as I explained above):
>
> http://gnuinos.org/libnetaid/main.c
>
> and run the following commands:
>
> $ ./main 0
>
> $ sudo ./main 1
>
> $ sudo ./main 2 ESSID PASSWORD
>
> $ sudo ./main 3

> [...]

New update in both the packages and the main.c example. The "./main 0"
command now gives a detailed info about the network connection.
I removed the MAC Address so far because it's giving me a segmentation
fault. I hope fix this issue shortly.

Download the new packages again and give it a try, if you want.

Thanks in advance,

Aitor.