:: [devuan-dev] bug#396: pulseaudio-pl…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: Nicola Orrù
CC: 396
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#396: pulseaudio-plugin: Disable pulseaudio respawn?
Control: tags -1 moreinfo

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 02:19:52PM +0000, Nicola Orrù wrote:
> No, it doesn't. Disabling autostart in Session and Startup still
> causes pulseaudio to be started by the plugin.
>
> This is a regression, it was working fine a month ago (ie I was able
> to stop pulseaudio and pulseaudio would stay dead). Not sure which
> apt-get upgrade could have caused this.

Could you have a look through /var/log/apt/ then and try and pinpoint the
regression?

Have you installed something since that is reactivating pulselaudio?

When you disable pulseaudio in the session is
.config/autostart/pulseaudio.desktop created with 'Hidden=true'?

It is odd as most of the bugs about pulseaudio relate to not being able to start
it at all (see #378 and friends).

Mark