:: Re: [devuan-dev] bug#395: lightdm c…
Author: fsmithred
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] bug#395: lightdm cannot be installed/is removed by apt-get dist-upgrade
On 2/17/20 4:33 AM, Mark Hindley wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 08:24:37PM +0000, Nicola Orrù wrote:
>> I have installed
>>
>> libpam-systemd,
>>
>> as a result I got this:
>>
>> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>> consolekit libpam-ck-connector libpolkit-backend-consolekit-1-0
>> libpolkit-gobject-consolekit-1-0 libsystemd0
>>
>> Is it expected?
>
> Yes, libpam-elogind and consolekit are mutually exclusive and conflict.
>
> Mark

Try adding --no-install-recommends. I replaced elogind and libpam-elogind
with consolekit and libpam-ck-connector, and then I installed lightdm.
(Today, in beowulf.)

I can't test shutdown/reboot from the desktop because I'm using openbox
and have my own way of doing that.

Shutdown/reboot from the lightdm login screen do not work. Login works.

ii consolekit
ii libelogind0:amd64
ii liblightdm-gobject-1-0:amd64
ii libpam-ck-connector:amd64
ii libpam-modules:amd64
ii libpam-modules-bin
ii libpam-runtime
ii libpam0g:amd64
ii libpolkit-agent-1-0:amd64
ii libpolkit-backend-consolekit-1-0:amd64
ii libpolkit-gobject-1-0
ii libpolkit-gobject-consolekit-1-0:amd64
ii lightdm
ii lightdm-gtk-greeter
ii policykit-1
ii policykit-1-gnome