:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Fe…
Author: Plasma
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Feb. 13, 2020
And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev meet notes for
Thursday, February 13th, 2020.

plasma41

# Devuan meet Feb. 13 2020 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/+5ZH1NSY3krBpXoBl0Cmvwb7/

Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the
     meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please
     pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: golinux, Beer, Leepen, rrq, plasma41, fsr, kramer, joshbowyer,
         Rick Moen

## Old Business

### Beer
***Not*** dead! // Will be attending this evening

## Old Actions

### golinux
- With fsr prepared the Beowulf live visual install guide.
- chillfan continues to work on the documentation
for the Beowulf iso docs.
- Evilham has started to set up the new devuan.org website.
I have started to rewrite pages. Look will be similar.

## New Business

- (gl) What is the state of the wiki.  Do we want to continue to promote
  it on the website?
  - (plasma) The problem is that we really don't promote the wiki on the
    website. I can only find one link to the wiki on the site. It's
    notably missing from the 'Resource Channels' section
    on the homepage.
    - (gl) Chicken egg. I must have removed it at some point. I took a
      peek and didn't find anything really current.

### LeePen

#### Netboot and mini.isos
- Updated choose-mirror udeb to remove `${CC}.deb.d.o` options.
- Built for `beowulf`
- Restored for `jessie` and `ascii`

For future reference, these are built from src:debian-installer.
The images are installed in the dak tree by a script
(`~dak/bin/installer_tgz`). However, they are not managed by dak itself.
The debian-installer binary deb just contains installer documentation.
The jenkins debian-installer-repos job is different to the other
*-repos jobs and handles it all.

There are multiple mini.isos to choose from, and I can't find any good
source detailing the differences. As far as I can see the gtk variant
includes speech synthesis.

#### Popcon migration
I really will try to get to this next!

(Beer) I'll *try* to jump on board... if you'll allow me? ;o)

Great, thanks.

#### bugs.devuan.org
- Note that replies to NNN@??? are not automatically forwarded to
the submitter. This is documented at
https://bugs.devuan.org/Developer.html. The behaviour is the same in
Debian's BTS. To include the submitter add NNN-submitter@??? to
the headers or use reply-all.
- Bug subscription is not working (has never worked?). I am trying to
establish what is required to implement it.

#### Items for Release Notes
- upower no longer forked (no longer has systemd dependency). Will
  require manual downgrade to Debian's version because of the epoch in
  ascii. This fixes
  [#394](https://bugs.devuan.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=394).
  `apt install upower=0.99.10-1`
  - (plasma) I had noticed this as well. Yes, this will require manual
    intervention for ASCII-to-Beowulf updates.
- pulseaudio autospawn
  ([#276](https://bugs.devuan.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=276),
  [#318](https://bugs.devuan.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=318),
  [#367](https://bugs.devuan.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=367),
  [#375](https://bugs.devuan.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=375),
  [#378](https://bugs.devuan.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=378))

### rrq
- ISO building ready for showtime.

### golinux
- Please review chillfan's installation/migration docs:
https://git.devuan.org/devuan-doc/documentation/blob/master/dev1fanboy/upgrade-to-beowulf.md
https://git.devuan.org/devuan-doc/documentation/blob/master/dev1fanboy/buster-to-beowulf.md
https://git.devuan.org/devuan-doc/documentation/blob/master/dev1fanboy/stretch-to-beowulf.md
https://git.devuan.org/devuan-doc/documentation/blob/master/dev1fanboy/jessie-to-beowulf.md
https://git.devuan.org/devuan-doc/documentation/blob/master/dev1fanboy/network-configuration.md

### kramer
- not that much time the past days
- currently focusing on raspi boards
- figuring out how to place the arm-art images provided by golinux

### joshbowyer
- would like to help maintain packages/bugfix

## New Actions

### rrq
- make ISOs for snapshots for the docs. Add pool isos (CD2 & CD3)
will be uploaded to https://borta.rrq.id.au dated 14 Feb or later

### golinux
- prepare iso-docs with chillfan
- hopefully progress on the new website

### Beer
In the coming days *(promises, promises...)*, I will be:
* [ ] tackling this [Configuration management PoC](https://git.devuan.org/configuration-management)
* [ ] initiating a debate/decision-making thread on the `devuan-dev` ML