:: Re: [DNG] Update successful but vid…
Author: g4sra
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Update successful but video card issue
On 01/02/2020 10:11, Didier Kryn wrote:
> Le 31/01/2020 à 13:50, g4sra via Dng a écrit :
>> Do not be fooled into thinking blacklisting stops a module from being loaded, ensure you rebuild the initrd\initramfs without the driver.
>
>     Dunno if graphics driver modules are now part of the initrd/initramfs, but this look like crazy.

Yes, and Yes.
After all, everyone knows a Linux box wont boot unless you have a graphical splashscreen! (sarcasm, for non-engish natives).
Grub does it one way then Linux joins in and does it another...trying to identify graphics related errors at/after boot can be a PITA.

>The only purpose of initrd/initramfs is to mount the root filesytem and ancilary filesystems /proc, /sys, /dev, /run.

If only I had $1 for every time I have said that, but still the package builders insist on forcing 'depend'ancies on everything.