:: Re: [DNG] mlterm to display path in…
Author: Haines Brown
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] mlterm to display path in window frame
I apologize for the time gap, but ill health put me out of
commission for two months.

My aim was to have mlterm behave like xterm and display the current
path in its frame.

The mltem accepts a value for -T that specifies the title for the
mlterm window. In a terminal if I issue the command: $ mlterm -T $PWD
I get the current path displayed as I want.

If in ~/.mlterm/main I put the line: title = $PWD, the window of
mlterm displays $PWD literally rather than current path.

Assuming mlterm is a variant of xterm, I should be able to set the
window title by placing this stanza into /etc/profile

  if [ "$TERM" = "xterm" ]; then
        PS1="\033]2;\u@\h:\w\007bash$ "
  fi

I tried

  if [ "$TERM" = "xterm" ]; then
        PS1="$PWD"
  fi

but neither had any effect. There is nothing in .mlterm/msg.log

If I launch from a CLI with the command $ mlterm -T $PS1 the window
displays: ${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\u@\h:\w\$

If I launch form CLI with the command: $ mlterm -T $PWD it works
as desired.

At Arnt Karlsen's suggesttion, I took a look at
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Xterm-Title.html,
https://invisible-island.net/ncurses/terminfo.src.html#tic-mlterm,
https://invisible-island.net/xterm/ctlseqs/ctlseqs.html#h2-Title-Modes
but it did not help.

It was suggesed that mlterm might understand the tsl escape sequence.

$ tput hsl
tput: unknown terminfo capability 'hsl'

$ tput tsl ; echo -n hellow ; tput fsl
[nothing returned]