:: [devuan-dev] bug#346: marked as don…
Author: Devuan bug Tracking System
To: Mark Hindley
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#346: marked as done (reportbug fails to start after already configured)
Your message dated Tue, 28 Jan 2020 09:45:24 +0000
with message-id <20200128094524.GA4902@???>
and subject line Re: reportbug fails to start after already configured
has caused the Devuan bug report #346,
regarding reportbug fails to start after already configured
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact owner@???
immediately.)

--
346: https://bugs.devuan.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=346
Devuan Bug Tracking System
Contact owner@??? with problems
Package: reportbugVersion: reportbug 7.1.6+devuan2.1
I first ran reportbug, selected "standard" and went through the configuration prompts. Filled out the report and selected to send. It failed because I didn't have the method correct for sending mail, and asked me if I want to retry or save, etc. I hit "q". When I tried to restart reportbug, I typed in "xfce" for the package name, was prompted for similar package names, then selected xfce4-panel. I then got the following output:
Select one of these packages: xfce4-panel
A package named 'xfce' does not appear to be installed on your system; however,
'xfce4-panel' contains a file named 'xfce'. Do you want to file your report on
the package reportbug found [Y|n|q|?]? y
Getting status for xfce4-panel...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 2235, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 1108, in main
    return iface.user_interface()
  File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 1518, in user_interface
    status = utils.get_package_status(package)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/reportbug/utils.py", line 379, in get_package_status
    conffiles = conffiles + [re.findall(r' (.+) ([0-9a-f]+).*$', line)[0]]
IndexError: list index out of range

Here's a copy of .reportbugrc with my email address blotted out:

# reportbug preferences file# character encoding: UTF-8
# Version of reportbug this preferences file was written by
reportbug_version "7.1.6+devuan2.1"
# default operating mode: one of: novice, standard, advanced, expert
mode standard
# default user interface
ui text
# offline setting - comment out to be online
#offline
# name and email setting (if non-default)
realname "Andy Alt"
email "andy.......ahoo.com"
# Disable fallback mode by commenting out the following:
no-cc
header "X-Debbugs-CC: andy400-dev@???"
smtphost reportbug.debian.org
# You can add other settings after this line.  See
# /etc/reportbug.conf for a full listing of options.
I'm using Devuan ascii.
Linux demeter 4.9.0-6-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.88-1+deb9u1 (2018-05-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Version: 7.1.7
Control: tags -1 = ascii debian

Looking more closely, this appears to be Debian bugs #857013, #846053 and
#826534. They were fixed in reportbug 7.1.7.

Closing.

Mark