:: Re: [DNG] systemd breaking linuxcnc…
Author: dev
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] systemd breaking linuxcnc ...
I've got around 80 servers running Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04. I noticed the
time was yet again screwed up on them a few weeks ago. Not sure when it
started happening but would guess it was the last systemd update on
12/2019. All hosts are all running timesyncd (after trying to get Chrony
and NTP working). We ran regular old NTP for 8 years and system time was
never a problem. After we upgraded our old 14.04 hosts last year, time
syncing has been a major WTF/PITA. Luckily we don't run an NFS services
so it's mainly log correlation that gets screwed up. After seeing this
video, I'm like "aha, ok. Makes sense now".